Tuesday, June 1, 2010

About the company name

So a few days after I registered my business my mother asked me why did I name my company Graffiti On The Sun. I told her the reason but I realize that some of you may be wondering the same thing so I decided I'll finally tell you.

If you look back far enough you will notice that this blog didn't start out as a comic book company but as my graphic design portfolio. When I was trying to come up with a name for my portfolio that sound better then just Martin Jackson's Portfolio the name Graffiti On The Sun popped into my head and I thought it sounded nice.

After I thought about for a little bit I realize that not only did it sound cool but it's one of those things that you could easily throw meaning behind. I can see it mean reaching for great heights. I mean you have to get pretty high to spray paint the sun.

And because of that I thought it was a great name.

Later on I finally decided to follow my long time dream and start a comic book company. But I needed a name. Once again going with just my name. This time not only because it seems dull but it would probably make it seem like I have a big ego. So I thought about it and came up with another name. But not Graffiti On The Sun.

So with this other name I created a blog and used it to talk about comics. Then in April when I decided to official start my company I realize I didn't care much for the name for a company (though it was great for a comic blog) and decided it best to go with a different name.

Then Graffiti On The Sun popped back into my head. At first I didn't want to use it because I was already using it for my graphic design blog. But I couldn't shake it, the more I tried to come up with another name the more I realize how perfect Graffiti on The Sun is for my comics.

So I went with it.

That's the story it's a simple (or deep depending on your view) as that.

No comments: